Customer Service and Gift Shop Associate
Guests Services/Retail Associates are the initial and principal contact with Museum guests and
are responsible for ensuring a positive guest experience while maintaining Museum standards
and communicating Museum offerings, programs and services. The museum is a drug and
alcohol-free work place. All employees must adhere to the company’s policies and procedures as
set forth in our employee handbook.
As a Team Member, you are the first connection our customers make when they walk through
our doors. Our Team Members ensure a positive experience for our customers. Everyone on the
team is hired based on our F.R.E.S.H. profile – ability to demonstrate that they are Friendly,
Respectful, Energetic, Service-focused, and Hardworking.
This is a seasonal temporary position and operates during South Dakota’s tourist season.
Employment begins May 1st and ends October 31st
This position is for 21 hours per week.
Should employees be a good fit for our museum – employment opportunities will be extended to
the following tourist season.
• Price and stock product
• Update management on inventory needs as stock runs low
• Greet customers happily to ensure they have a positive experience
• Excellent communication and customer service skills
• Accurately operates cash registers in accordance with cash register procedures
• Perform cleaning and maintenance procedures as directed by person in charge of shift
• Perform other duties as directed by management
• Follow and accomplish to-do lists
• Ability to work independently and effectively with diverse groups of people
• Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced seasonal environment
• Competent math and computer skills
• Flexible schedule and ability to work weekends.
• Ability to stand for extended periods of time, walk over irregular terrain and lift 35 lbs.
• Must be available during peak tourist seasons.
• Must be at least 18 years old
• Drug and Alcohol use prohibited when on premises/working/ and before shifts.
• Have an understanding/general knowledge of rocks, fossils, and science in order to assist
customers and families that visit
Physical Demands of the Job Must be able to perform the tasks outlined above. Must be able
to stand for long periods of time, work with agility, and occasionally work long hours. Must
be able to occasionally lift up to 35 pounds